For those unfamiliar with PvP in WoW, there are four different ways to go about destroying your opponent:
- Duels - One-on-one combat with another player. One player initiates by making a challenge, and the other player accepts. Once the duel starts, nobody can heal or otherwise assist dueling players; dueling players can self-heal. Duels are not to the death, but to submission.
- World PvP - A player activates their PvP "flag", making them vulnerable to attack by players of othe opposing faction. World PvP is not in any way controlled or scripted. There are World PvP events and goals that can grant bonuses to members of your faction if victorious.
- Battlegrounds - Controlled "instances" in which a set population of the Horde and Alliance factions are represented. Goals can vary between a king-of-the-hill type of game to a capture-the-flag game.
- Arena Matches - Players form a team of up to five members with friends. Teams are paired up, regardless of faction, in an arena "instance" and fight to the death.
The PvP nature of this program lends itself to being presented as a contest, and there will be a prize offered for the winner of this contest. Items were budgeted and ordered from J!nx and are stylishly adequate while not being too overtly nerdy.
- Participants will compete in PvP in their own WoW realm for a fixed period of time.
- The participant with the most honorable kills or duels/arena matches* won at the end of this time period will be the winner.
*Duels and Arena Matches will count as four honorable kills for the purposes of this contest.