Customization of User Interface (UI) within the game using only the out-of-the-box options.
- Streamlining In-Game Activities - Demonstration and explanation of features like Auto Loot, Auto Quest Text, Target of Target, etc.
- Camera Options - Adjusting the point of view through which the game is viewed.
- Action Bars - Activating, locking and hiding of extra action bars.
- Chat Channels - Creating, joining, leaving and hiding private and public chat channels.
- Key binding - Assigning actions to specific keys on the keyboard.
Customization designed to make in-game action easier through use of scripts and "slash commands" to combine multiple actions into one button. Macros can also be created to enhance game play in ways such as mouse-over targetting. I think I just heard some healers drooling.
- WoWWiki Beginner's Guide
- WowWiki HOWTO: Make a Macro
- World of Warcraft UI & Macros forum
Third-party software packages designed to alter the appearance of the UI, enhance or gather in-game data, and provide added functionality. Addons are software that require downloading and installation in the proper directory, so use at your own risk.
- Curse Gaming